[openstack-dev] [goal][python3] week 3 update

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 30 17:33:52 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Michel Peterson's message of 2018-08-30 09:43:30 +0300:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:11 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > OK, there are somewhere just over 100 patches for all of the neutron
> > > repositories, so I'm going to wait for a quieter time of day to submit
> > > them to avoid blocking other, smaller, bits of work.
> > >
> > > Doug
> >
> > Those patches are up for review now. - Doug
> >

> Doug, just a heads up the tool for python3-first is duplicating the same
> block of code (e.g. https://review.openstack.org/#
> /c/597873/1/.zuul.d/project.yaml ) and in some cases duplicating code that
> already exists (e.g. https://review.openstack.org/#
> /c/597872/1/.zuul.d/project.yaml ).
>
> Perhaps it will be good to review the tool before moving forward.

Thanks for the heads-up.

We ran into similar issues in one or two other places. The tool is,
frankly, not all that smart. *Most* teams don't have any settings
like this in their local zuul config, and given the relatively few
cases where it's a problem I think it's going to be easier to just
fix the patches by hand than to make the tool smarter.

Doug