[openstack-dev] [heat][glance] Heat image resource support issue

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:55:14 UTC 2018

Hi Glance team

Glance V1 image API been deprecated for a long while, and V2 has been used
widely. Heat image resource would like to change to use V2 as well, but
there is an unsolved issue, which blocks us from adopting V2. Right now, to
image create require Heat to download the image to Heat service and
re-upload it to Glance. This behavior causes heat service a great burden
which in a heat team discussion (years ago), we decide to deprecated V1
Image resource in Heat and will add V2  image resource once this is
resolved.
So I have been wondering if there's some workaround for this issue? Or if
glance can support accept URL as image import (and then reuse client lib
to download to glance side)? Or if anyone got a better solution for this?

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin