[openstack-dev] [keystone] [barbican] Keystone's use of Barbican ?

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Wed Aug 29 18:16:44 UTC 2018

Makes sense.

So what is the recommended upstream approach for securely storing user passwords in keystone ?

Is that what is being described here ?  https://docs.openstack.org/keystone/pike/admin/identity-credential-encryption.html

Greg.

From: Juan Antonio Osorio Robles <jaosorior at redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 2:00 PM
To: "openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [keystone] [barbican] Keystone's use of Barbican ?

This is not the case. Barbican requires users and systems that use it to use keystone for authentication. So keystone can't use Barbican for this. Chicken and egg problem.