[openstack-dev] [infra] Retiring some unused repositories

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Aug 29 04:43:32 UTC 2018

The infra team plans to retire the following repositories:
     openstack-infra/activity-board
     openstack-infra/beaker-localhost
     openstack-infra/beaker-nodepool
     openstack-infra/err2d2
     openstack-infra/js-afs-blob-store
     openstack-infra/js-openstack-registry-hooks
     openstack-infra/js-generator-openstack
     openstack-infra/pypi-mirror
     openstack-infra/trystack-site
     openstack-infra/puppet-vinz
     openstack-infra/vinz
     openstack-infra/vinz-webclient

Explanation:
openstack-infra/activity-board:
   Was part of bitergia work with openstack which is no longer done

openstack-infra/beaker-localhost
openstack-infra/beaker-nodepool
   These may have been attempts at having puppet beaker testing
   play nice with our CI but we hacked around it by pointing the
   beaker config at localhost. There are no commits here should be
   safe to retire.

openstack-infra/err2d2
   Part of a plan to make our IRC bots errbot driven but more
   recent spec has us sticking with supybot fork and plugins.

openstack-infra/js-afs-blob-store
openstack-infra/js-openstack-registry-hooks
   Allowed us to mirror npm packages on afs until npm grew too
   large. I think we can retire this as we don't mirror npm any
   longer.

openstack-infra/js-generator-openstack
   Appears to be a cookiecutter like system for openstack js
   projects. Maybe we should just use cookiecutter?

openstack-infra/pypi-mirror
   Was tooling to make a mirror of a subset of pypi. We moved to
   bandersnatch and now just proxy cache pypi.

openstack-infra/trystack-site
   Trystack has been retired due to spam and the passport program
   is suggested instead.

openstack-infra/puppet-vinz
openstack-infra/vinz
openstack-infra/vinz-webclient
   Project to provide alternate Gerrit UI that never got commits.

Process is started with https://review.openstack.org/597370,

Andreas
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)