[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] extraction (technical) update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:37:15 UTC 2018

On 8/28/2018 8:11 AM, Balázs Gibizer wrote:
> I also think that we can add a non-voting tempest full job as well.
> Making it green depends on how hard to deploy placement from the new
> repo to tempest. I think as soon as placement repo has passing gabbits
> (e.g functional job) and we can deploy placement in tempest then tempest
> will be green soon.

There is likely no point in this until devstack itself is installing and
using placement from the new repo rather than from nova. Because
otherwise this job will be using devstack which still installs placement
from nova and the job will pass but not actually test anything on the
placement change in question. Even if it did run on the placement change
from the placement repo, the job will be a time sink known failure until
we get to the end of the series. It's at the end of the series where we
declare that placement in the new repo is ready to go and passing all of
it's own unit/functional tests that I think we add in the tempest-full
job with a dependency on a devstack change which flips from which repo
we install.

Matt