[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] XenServer CI failed frequently because of placement update

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Aug 28 14:07:18 UTC 2018

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018, Bob Ball wrote:

> Just looking at Naichuan's output, I wonder if this is because allocation_ratio is registered as 0 in the inventory.

Yes.

Whatever happened to cause that is the root, that will throw the
math off into zeroness in lots of different places. The default (if
you don't send and allocation_ratio) is 1.0, so maybe there's some
code somewhere that is trying to use the default (by not sending)
but is accidentally sending 0 instead?