[openstack-dev] [all] upgrade-checkers community wide goal - update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:30:46 UTC 2018

I now at least have a board created for tracking this work [1]. I also
started an etherpad [2] while I was working out some kinks with using
StoryBoard.

I wrote a docs patch [3] which will hopefully serve as a contributor
guide for these checks. Please comment here or in the review if there
are things missing from that document which you'd like to see added.
It's hard to strike a balance between being too detailed in docs like
this but I'm also not sure if it will be the best way to on-board people
in other projects to how this is done.

In the coming days I will flesh out the stories/tasks in storyboard for
other projects to track their progress on the goal. After that I hope to
start skimming through some other projects upgrade release notes looking
for examples of things that could have been added to automated upgrade
check tooling.

Again, let me know if you have any questions.

[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/107
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/goal-support-pre-upgrade-checks
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/596902/

Matt