[openstack-dev] [oslo] UUID sentinel needs a home

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Aug 25 00:01:22 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-24 18:51:08 -0500 (-0500), Matt Riedemann wrote:
[...]
> So just follow me here people, what if we had this common shared
> library where code could incubate and then we could write some
> tools to easily copy that common code into other projects...

If we do this, can we at least put it in a consistent place in all
projects? Maybe name the directory something like "openstack/common"
just to make it obvious.

> I'm pretty sure I could get said project approved as a top-level
> program under The Foundation and might even get a talk or two out
> of this idea. I can see the Intel money rolling in now...

Seems like a sound idea. Can we call it "Nostalgia" for no
particular reason? Though maybe "Recurring Nightmare" would be a
more accurate choice.
--
Jeremy Stanley