[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] Disabling nova volume-update (aka swap volume; aka cinder live migration)

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 21:35:46 UTC 2018

On 8/22/2018 4:46 AM, Gorka Eguileor wrote:
> The solution is conceptually simple.  We add a new API microversion in
> Cinder that adds and optional parameter called "generic_keep_source"
> (defaults to False) to both migrate and retype operations.

But if the problem is that users are not using the retype API and
instead are hitting the compute swap volume API instead, they won't use
this new parameter anyway. Again, retype is admin-or-owner but volume
migration (in cinder) and swap volume (in nova) are both admin-only, so
are admins calling swap volume directly or are people easing up the
policy restrictions so non-admins can use these migration APIs?

Matt