[openstack-dev] [tripleo] The Weekly Owl - 29th Edition

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 18:40:01 UTC 2018

Welcome to the twenty-ninthest edition of a weekly update in TripleO world!
The goal is to provide a short reading (less than 5 minutes) to learnwhat's
new this week.
Any contributions and feedback are welcome.
Link to the previous version:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-August/133094.html

General announcements
+--> This week we released Rocky RC1, branched stable/rocky and unless
there are critical bugs we'll call it our final stable release.
+--> The team is preparing for the next PTG:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-stein

CI status
+--> Sprint theme: Zuul v3 migration (
https://trello.com/b/U1ITy0cu/tripleo-and-rdo-ci?menu=filter&filter=label:Sprint%2018%20CI
)
+--> The Ruck and Rover for this sprint  are Marios and Wes. Please tell
them any CI issue.
+--> Promotion on master is 11 days, 1 day on Rocky, 3 days on Queens, 3
days on Pike and 1 days on Ocata.

Upgrades
+--> Adding support for upgrades when OpenShift is deployed.

Containers
+--> Efforts to support Podman tracked here:
https://trello.com/b/S8TmOU0u/tripleo-podman

config-download
+--> This squad is down and we move forward with the Edge squad.

Edge
+--> New squad created by James:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-edge-squad-status (more to come)

Integration
+--> No updates this week.

UI/CLI
+--> No updates this week.

Validations
+--> No updates this week, reviews are needed:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-validations-squad-status

Networking
+--> Good progress on Ansible ML2 driver

Workflows
+--> Planning Stein: better Ansible integration, UI convergence, etc.

Security
+--> Working on SElinux for containers (related to podman integration
mainly)

Owl fact
"One single Owl can go fast. Multiple owls, together, can go far."
Source: a mix of an African proverb and my Friday-afternoon imagination.

Thank you all for reading and stay tuned!
--
Your fellow reporter, Emilien Macchi