[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 20 August 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Aug 24 15:15:31 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 20 August 2018

## News

We ended up releasing an RC2 after all in order to include placeholder sqlalchemy migrations for Rocky, thanks wxy for catching it!

## Open Specs

Search query: https://bit.ly/2Pi6dGj

Lance reproposed the auth receipts and application credentials specs that we punted on last cycle for Stein.

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2IACk3F

We merged 13 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2wv7QLK

There are 75 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

If that seems like a lot more than last week, it's because someone has helpfully proposed many patches supporting the python3-first community goal[1]. However, they haven't coordinated with the goal champions and have missed some steps[2], like proposing the removal of jobs from project-config and proposing jobs to the stable branches. I would recommend coordinating with the python3-first goal champions on merging these patches. The good news is that all of our projects seem to work with python 3.6!

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/stein/python3-first.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-August/133610.html

## Bugs

This week we opened 4 new bugs and closed 1.

Bugs opened (4)
Bug #1788415 (keystone:High) opened by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1788415
Bug #1788694 (keystone:High) opened by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1788694
Bug #1787874 (keystone:Medium) opened by wangxiyuan https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1787874
Bug #1788183 (oslo.policy:Undecided) opened by Stephen Finucane https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.policy/+bug/1788183

Bugs closed (1)
Bug #1771203 (python-keystoneclient:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+bug/1771203

Bugs fixed (0)

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

We're at the end of the RC period with the official release happening next week.

## Shout-outs

Thanks everyone for a great release!

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter