[openstack-dev] [oslo] UUID sentinel needs a home

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Aug 23 19:05:40 UTC 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, Dan Smith wrote:

> ...and it doesn't work like mock.sentinel does, which is part of the
> value. I really think we should put this wherever it needs to be so that
> it can continue to be as useful as is is today. Even if that means just
> copying it into another project -- it's not that complicated of a thing.

Yeah, I agree. I had hoped that we could make something that was
generally useful, but its main value is its interface and if we
can't have that interface in a library, having it per codebase is no
biggie. For example it's been copied straight from nova into the
placement extractions experiments with no changes and, as one would
expect, works just fine.

Unless people are wed to doing something else, Dan's right, let's
just do that.