[openstack-dev] [ironic][bifrost][sushy][ironic-inspector][ironic-ui][virtualbmc] sub-project/repository core reviewer changes

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:24:08 UTC 2018

Greetings everyone!

In our team meeting this week we stumbled across the subject of
promoting contributors to be sub-project's core reviewers.
Traditionally it is something we've only addressed as needed or
desired by consensus with-in those sub-projects, but we were past due
time to take a look at the entire picture since not everything should
fall to ironic-core.

And so, I've taken a look at our various repositories and I'm
proposing the following additions:

For sushy-core, sushy-tools-core, and virtualbmc-core: Ilya
Etingof[1]. Ilya has been actively involved with sushy, sushy-tools,
and virtualbmc this past cycle. I've found many of his reviews and
non-voting review comments insightful and willing to understand. He
has taken on some of the effort that is needed to maintain and keep
these tools usable for the community, and as such adding him to the
core group for these repositories makes lots of sense.

For ironic-inspector-core and ironic-specs-core: Kaifeng Wang[2].
Kaifeng has taken on some hard problems in ironic and
ironic-inspector, as well as brought up insightful feedback in
ironic-specs. They are demonstrating a solid understanding that I only
see growing as time goes on.

For sushy-core: Debayan Ray[3]. Debayan has been involved with the
community for some time and has worked on sushy from early on in its
life. He has indicated it is near and dear to him, and he has been
actively reviewing and engaging in discussion on patchsets as his time
has permitted.

With any addition it is good to look at inactivity as well. It saddens
me to say that we've had some contributors move on as priorities have
shifted to where they are no longer involved with the ironic
community. Each person listed below has been inactive for a year or
more and is no longer active in the ironic community. As such I've
removed their group membership from the sub-project core reviewer
groups. Should they return, we will welcome them back to the community
with open arms.

bifrost-core: Stephanie Miller[4]
ironic-inspector-core: Anton Arefivev[5]
ironic-ui-core: Peter Peila[6], Beth Elwell[7]

Thanks,

-Julia

[1]: http://stackalytics.com/?user_id=etingof&metric=marks
[2]: http://stackalytics.com/?user_id=kaifeng&metric=marks