[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-0, August 27 - 31

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Aug 23 16:12:29 UTC 2018

This is the final countdown email for the Rocky development cycle. Thanks to
everyone involved in the Rocky release!

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams attending the PTG should be preparing for those discussions and capturing
information in the etherpads:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTG/Stein/Etherpads

General Information
-------------------

The release team plans on doing the final Rocky release on 29 August. We will
re-tag the last commit used for the final RC using the final version number.

If you have not already done so, now would be a good time to take a look at the
Stein schedule and start planning team activities:

    https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

Actions
---------

PTLs and release liaisons should watch for the final release patch from the
release team. While not required, we would appreciate having an ack from each
team before we approve it on the 29th.

We are still missing releases for the following tempest plugins. Some are
pending getting pypi and release jobs set up, but please try to prioritize
getting these done as soon as possible.

    barbican-tempest-plugin
    blazar-tempest-plugin
    cloudkitty-tempest-plugin
    congress-tempest-plugin
    ec2api-tempest-plugin
    magnum-tempest-plugin
    mistral-tempest-plugin
    monasca-kibana-plugin
    monasca-tempest-plugin
    murano-tempest-plugin
    networking-generic-switch-tempest-plugin
    oswin-tempest-plugin
    senlin-tempest-plugin
    telemetry-tempest-plugin
    tripleo-common-tempest-plugin
    trove-tempest-plugin
    watcher-tempest-plugin
    zaqar-tempest-plugin

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final RC deadline: August 23
Rocky Release: August 29
Cycle trailing RC deadline: August 30
Stein PTG: September 10-14
Cycle trailing Rocky release: November 28

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)