[openstack-dev] [goals][python3] please check with me before submitting any zuul migration patches

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Aug 21 18:31:22 UTC 2018

We have a few folks eager to join in and contribute to the python3 goal
by helping with the patches to migrate zuul settings. That's great!
However, many of the patches being proposed are incorrect, which means
there is either something wrong with the tool or the way it is used.

The intent was to have a very small group, 3-4 people, who knew how
the tools worked to propose all of those patches.  Having incorrect
patches can break the CI for a project, so we need to be especially
careful with them.  We do not want every team writing the patches
for themselves, and we do not want lots and lots of people who we
have to train to use the tools.

If you are not one of the people already listed as a goal champion
on [1], please PLEASE stop writing patches and get in touch with
me personally and directly (via IRC or email) BEFORE doing any more
work on the goal.

Thanks,
Doug

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/stein/python3-first.html