[openstack-dev] [all] [nova] [placement] placement below or beside compute after extraction?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 00:46:32 UTC 2018

On 8/20/2018 1:32 PM, Hongbin Lu wrote:
> * Is placement stable enough so that it won't break us often?

Yes, we use microversions for this reason.

> * If there is a breaking change in placement and we contribute a fix,
> how fast the fix will be merged?

Eric hedged on this, but I think the answer is yes - if there is a thing
that breaks you and you let us know it breaks you, we'll give attention
to the fix, especially regressions. We've done this with Ironic when it
comes up, and we've done it with other projects that consume not only
placement but nova in general (trove, triple-o, etc).

> * If there is a feature request from our side and we contribute patches
> to placement, will the patches be accepted?

As anything it depends on the feature request. API changes require
deeper review because it's a long-term commitment to supporting that
API, so they aren't taken lightly. But chances are if you need something
from placement, someone else likely needs the same thing.

Matt