[openstack-dev] [goal][python3] week 2 update

Telles Nobrega tenobreg at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 18:07:29 UTC 2018

Hi Doug,

I believe Sahara is ready to have those patches worked on.

Do we have to do anything specific to get the env ready?

Thanks,

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 1:13 PM Nguyễn Trí Hải <nguyentrihai93 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Vitrage team is going to finish the zuul job soon. As I see, only few
> patches in the old branches need to be merged.
>
> For the other projects, some patches have problems with different errors.
> Please help to fix them.
>
> Thanks for your cooperation.
>
> Nguyen Hai
>

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2018, 12:27 AM Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is week 2 of the roll-out of the "Run under Python 3 by default"
>> goal (https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/stein/python3-first.html
>> ).
>>
>> == What we learned last week ==
>>
>> As we worked on approving the changes to add the zuul settings to
>> a few Oslo repositories, we had trouble with some of the older
>> branches because they were running newer versions of the jobs, as
>> configured in project-config. To work around this problem, we removed
>> those job templates in project-config by submitting separate patches
>> (rather than waiting for the full clean-up patch). We used the Oslo
>> team repos when we were testing some of the new jobs, so it is
>> possible this won't come up for any other teams, but I thought I
>> would mention the problem and solution, just in case.
>>
>> We had at least one question about the order in which the patches
>> need to land across the branches. We need the ones with the subject
>> "import zuul job settings from project-config" to land before the
>> others, but it doesn't make any difference which branches go first.
>> Those patches should be basically no-ops, neither adding nor changing
>> any of the existing testing. The other follow-up patches change or
>> add tests, and are submitted separately specifically so the changes
>> they contain can be managed and issues fixed to allow them to land.
>>
>> Nguyen found a couple of cases where older branches did not work
>> with the existing documentation job. The fix may require backporting
>> changes to remove tox_install.sh, or other changes that have been
>> made in newer stable branches but not backported all the way. Because
>> the new documentation job runs through tox we may be able to use
>> that in the older branches, as an alternative.
>>
>> We discovered last night that the version of git on CentOS does not
>> support the -C option, so we will need to change our scripts to be
>> compatible with the older platform.
>>
>> == Completed work ==
>>
>> Congratulations to the Documentation team for approving all of the
>> patches to import their zuul job configuration!
>>
>> == Ongoing work ==
>>
>> The Oslo team is working on migrating their zuul settings.
>>
>> The Ironic, Vitrage, Cyborg, Solum, Tacker, Masakari, Congress,
>> Designate, Mistral, Watcher, Glance, and Requirements teams have
>> started migrating their zuul settings.
>>
>> The Ironic team has started working on adding functional tests that
>> run under Python 3.

> [...]

TELLES NOBREGA

SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat Brasil  <https://www.redhat.com/>

Av. Brg. Faria Lima, 3900 - 8º andar - Itaim Bibi, São Paulo

tenobreg at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
 Red Hat é reconhecida entre as melhores empresas para trabalhar no Brasil
pelo Great Place to Work.