[openstack-dev] [ironic] ironic-staging-drivers: what to do?

Ruby Loo opensrloo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:44:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Greetings fellow ironicans!
>
> As many of you might know an openstack/ironic-staging-drivers[1]
> repository exists. What most might not know is that it was
> intentionally created outside of ironic's governance[2].
>
> This topic has come up in passing at PTGs and most recently on IRC[9],
> and I think we ought to discuss it during our next weekly meeting[10].
> I've gone ahead and added an item to the agenda, but we can also
> discuss via email.

We had a short discussion on this in our meeting today [1]. To summarize,
we did not discuss whether to put it under the ironic governance. We did
agree that it would be ok to have the ironic cores be cores in
ironic-staging-drivers. There would be no guarantee (of course) that the
ironic cores would actually review any of these. Julia will get in touch
with the cores in ironic-staging-drivers, to see if they would like to add
ironic-cores as cores.

--ruby

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2018/ironic.2018-08-20-15.00.log.html#l-118