[openstack-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? [kolla][project?==?utf-8?q? navigator] kolla missing in project navigator

jean-philippe@evrard.me jean-philippe at evrard.me
Mon Aug 20 14:44:51 UTC 2018

On Monday, August 20, 2018 15:57 CEST, Jimmy McArthur <jimmy at openstack.org> wrote:

> Eduardo,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  We're in the process of updating the Project
> Navigator to match the OpenStack Map [1].  It looks like Kolla got lost
> in the shuffle.  I've added it back to the Project [2Navigator under the
> Deployment Tools section [2].
>
> Please let me know if I can assist further.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy
>

> [1] https://www.openstack.org/assets/software/projectmap/openstack-map.pdf
> [2] https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/deployment-tools

That second link is very confusing, on the openstack-ansible case. Yes we ship recipes (roles, playbooks) for deployment using Ansible (any other ansible project could use them, maybe we need to adapt there if it's not the case...), but we also deal with the installation and upgrade of the openstack cloud. Therefore, shouldn't OSA also be listed in the "Deployment / Lifecycle Tools"?

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)