[openstack-dev] [all] [nova] [placement] placement below or beside compute after extraction?

TETSURO NAKAMURA nakamura.tetsuro at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Aug 20 09:39:23 UTC 2018

>> So my hope is that (in no particular order) Jay Pipes, Eric Fried,
>> Takashi Natsume, Tetsuro Nakamura, Matt Riedemann, Andrey Volkov,
>> Alex Xu, Balazs Gibizer, Ed Leafe, and any other contributor to
>> placement whom I'm forgetting [1] would express their preference on
>> what they'd like to see happen.

+1 on extract.

1) Since we are open source, we should keep thinking about getting new
developers. Keeping functions in one big project is not a good strategy
to get new participants.
2) Let projects get small sounds a good strategy to get more core
reviewers. Being a core is a strong reason for one to spend more time on
OpenStack in a company... at least in the company I work for.

--
Tetsuro Nakamura <nakamura.tetsuro at lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories