[openstack-dev] [puppet] Puppet weekly recap - week 33

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.se
Fri Aug 17 14:19:26 UTC 2018

Hello all Puppeteers!

Welcome to the weekly Puppet recap for week 33.
This is a weekly overview of what has changed in the Puppet OpenStack
project the past week.

============================
CHANGES
============================

Changes in all modules
-------------------------------
* Removed PE requirement from metadata.json
* Prepared Rocky RC1

Aodh
-------
* Improved restarting Apache
    Changed so that Apache more accurately restarts services on
configuration changes.

Glance
---------
* Configure access_key and secret_key as secrets
* Fixed glance_image provider
    Stopped working after os_algo, os_hash_value and os_hidden was
introduced.

Heat
------
* Improved restarting Apache
    Changed so that Apache more accurately restarts services on
configuration changes.

Horizon
----------
* Add wsgi_processes and wsgi_threads to horizon init
* apache wsgi: Exchange defaults for workers and threads
    Default values for Apache WSGI workers and threads changed.

Manila
---------
* Support manila-api deployment with Apache WSGI
   You can now deploy manila-api under Apache WSGI

Murano
----------
* Deprecated auth_uri option

Nova
-------
* Configure access_key and secret_key as secrets

Puppet-OpenStack-Integration
* Test bgp-dragent in scenario004
    Now has full testing for the BGP agent provided by
neutron-dynamic-routing
* Fix configure_facts.sh for RDO mirrors
* Run metadata-json-lint test in lint job
    Now runs metadata-json-lint in puppet-lint jobs if a metadata.json
file exists.
* Test Sahara API with WSGI
    Sahara is now tested with API running under Apache WSGI

Puppet-OpenStack-Guide
----------------------------------
* Updated latest RC1 version on release page

Panko
--------
* Restart API also when run with Apache
    Correctly restart Apache on configuration changes

Sahara
----------
* Add Sahara API WSGI support
   The Sahara API can now be deployed with Apache WSGI

============================
SPECS
============================
None.

feedback if you have any.

Interested in knowing what's up? Want to help or get help? See our
etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/puppet-openstack-rocky
Or maybe you have some awesome ideas for next release? Let us know
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/puppet-openstack-stein

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Best regards
Tobias