[openstack-dev] [puppet] migrating to storyboard

Jay S Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:05:23 UTC 2018

On 8/16/2018 4:03 PM, Kendall Nelson wrote:

> Hello :)
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM Jay S Bryant <jungleboyj at gmail.com
> <mailto:jungleboyj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey,
>
>     Well, the attachments are one of the things holding us up along
>     with reduced participation in the project and a number of other
>     challenges.  Getting the time to prepare for the move has been
>     difficult.
>

> I wouldn't really say we have reduced participation- we've always been
> a small team. In the last year, we've actually seen more involvement
> from new contributors (new and future users of sb) which has been
> awesome :) We even had/have an outreachy intern that has been working
> on making searching and filtering even better.
>
> Prioritizing when to invest time to migrate has been hard for several
> projects so Cinder isn't alone, no worries :)
Sorry, I wasn't clear here.  I was referencing greatly reduced
participation in Cinder.  I had been hoping to get more time to dig into
StoryBoard and prepare the team for migration but that has been harder
given an increased need to do other work in Cinder.

I have noticed that the search in StoryBoard was better so that was
encouraging.

>     I am planning to take some time before the PTG to look at how
>     Ironic has been using Storyboard and take this forward to the team
>     at the PTG to try and spur the process along.
>

> Glad to hear it! Once I get the SB room on the schedule, you are
> welcome to join the conversations there.  We would love any feedback
> you have on what the 'other challenges' are that you mentioned above.
Yeah, I think it would be good to have time at the PTG to get Manila,
Cinder, Oslo, etc. together to talk about this.  This will give me
incentive to do some more experimenting before the PTG.  :-)

See you in Denver.  :-)