[openstack-dev] [kolla][ptg] Denver PTG on-site or virtual

Eduardo Gonzalez dabarren at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:52:32 UTC 2018

Fellow kolleages.

In september is Denver PTG, as per the etherpad [0] only 3 contributors
confirmed their presence in the PTG, we expected more people to be there as
previous PTGs were full of contributors and operators.

In the last kolla meeting [1] with discussed if we should make a virtual
PTG rather than a on-site one as we will probably reach a bigger number of
attendance.

This set us in a bad possition as per:

If we do an on-site PTG

- Small representation for a whole cycle design, being this one larger than
usual.
- Many people whiling to attend is not able to be there.

If we do a virtual PTG

- Some people already spend money to travel for kolla PTG
- PTG rooms are already reserved for kolla session
- No cross project discussion

If there are more people who is going to Denver and haven't signed up at
the etherpad, please confirm your presence as it will probably influence on
this topic.

Here is the though question...

What kind of PTG do you prefer for this one, virtual or on-site in Denver?

CC to Kendall Nelson from the foundation if she could help us on this
though decission, given the small time we have until the PTG both ways have
some kind of bad consecuencies for both the project and the contributors.

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-stein-ptg-planning
[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/kolla/2018/kolla.2018-08-15-15.00.log.html#l-13

Regards