[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 6 August 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Aug 17 09:16:38 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018, at 11:14 AM, Lance Bragstad wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 23:47 Colleen Murphy <colleen at gazlene.net> wrote:
>
> > # Keystone Team Update - Week of 6 August 2018
> >
> > ## News
> >
> > ### RC1
> >
> > We released RC1 this week[1]. Please try it out and be on the lookout for
> > critical bugs. As of yet we don't seem to have any showstoppers that would
> > require another RC.
>

> Should we rev the keystone version for the inclusion of the new default
> roles?
>

> > [1] https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/index.html#rocky-keystone

[snipped]

To close the loop on this, we discussed on IRC[2], Lance was talking about the API version, not the release version, and we decided that although the bootstrap change allows the new roles to be created at initialization, it doesn't guarantee that roles will be in every deployment, and so it's not a feature we can advertise with an API version bump.

Colleen

[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2018-08-13.log.html#t2018-08-13T07:56:22