[openstack-dev] [Cinder] How to mount NFS volume?

Chang, Clay (HPS OE-Linux TDC) clayc at hpe.com
Fri Aug 17 09:03:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have Cinder configured with NFS backend. On one bare metal node, I can use 'cinder create' to create the volume with specified size - I saw a volume file create on the NFS server, so I suppose the NFS was configured correctly.

My question is, how could I mount the NFS volume on the bare metal node?

I tried:

cinder local-attach 3f66c360-e2e1-471e-aa36-57db3fcf3bdb -mountpoint /mnt/tmp

it says:

"ERROR: Connect to volume via protocol NFS not supported"

I looked at https://github.com/openstack/python-brick-cinderclient-ext/blob/master/brick_cinderclient_ext/volume_actions.py, found only iSCSI, RBD and FIBRE_CHANNEL were supported.

Wondering if there are ways to mount the NFS volume?

Thanks,
Clay