[openstack-dev] [requirements][release][docs] FFE for openstackdocstheme 1.21.2

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 16 21:09:22 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Tony Breeds's message of 2018-08-17 06:56:11 +1000:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:45:32AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>
> > Is there any reason we can't uncap pbr, at least within the CI jobs?
>
> It might work for the docs builds but jumping a major version of pbr,
> which if I recall caused problems ate the time (hence the lower-bound)
> for all octata projects wouldn't happen.
>
> How terrible would it be to branch openstackdocstheme and backport the fix
> without the pbr changes?  It might also be possible, though I'm not sure
> how we'd land it, to branch (stable/ocata) openstackdocstheme today and
> just revert the pbr changes to set the lower bound.
>
> If you let me know what the important changes are to functionality in
> oslosdocstheme I can play with it next week.  Having said that I'm aware
> there is time pressure here so I'm happy for others to do it
>
> Yours Tony.

The thing we need is the deprecation badge support in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585517/

It if backporting that to an older version of the theme is going
to be easier, and we don't care about adding a feature to a stable
branch for that, than I'm OK with doing it that way.

Doug