[openstack-dev] [tripleo] ansible roles in tripleo

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 19:08:27 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Jill Rouleau <jillr at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Like Alex mentioned[0] earlier, we've created a bunch of ansible roles
> for tripleo specific bits.  The idea is to start putting some basic
> cookiecutter type things in them to get things started, then move some
> low-hanging fruit out of tripleo-heat-templates and into the appropriate
> roles.  For example, docker/services/keystone.yaml could have
> upgrade_tasks and fast_forward_upgrade_tasks moved into ansible-role-
> tripleo-keystone/tasks/(upgrade.yml|fast_forward_upgrade.yml), and the
> t-h-t updated to
> include_role: ansible-role-tripleo-keystone
>   tasks_from: upgrade.yml
> without having to modify any puppet or heat directives.

Do we have any examples of what the upgrade.yml would be or what type
of variables (naming conventions or otherwise) which would need to be
handled as part of this transtion?  I assume we may want to continue
passing in some variable to indicate the current deployment step.  Is
there something along these lines that we will be proposing or need to
handle?  We're already doing something similar with the
host_prep_tasks for the docker registry[0] but we have a set_fact
block to pass parameters in.   I'm assuming we'll need to define
something similar.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/tree/puppet/services/docker-registry.yaml#n54