[openstack-dev] [api] [cinder] backup restore in api v2

Artem Goncharov artem.goncharov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:32:45 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have recently faced an interesting question: is there no backup restore
functionality in block-storage api v2? There is possibility to create
backup, but not to restore it according to
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/block-storage/v2/index.html#backups-backups.
Version v3 ref contain restore function. What is also interesting, that
cinderclient contain the restore function for v2. Is this just a v2
documentation bug (what I assume) or was it an unsupported function in v2?

Thanks,
Artem