[openstack-dev] [requirements][release][osc] FFE osc-lib 1.11.1 release

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Aug 14 14:46:24 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Tony Breeds's message of 2018-08-14 15:28:07 +1000:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 12:11:53AM -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:
>
> > Maybe it'd be better to figure out what's using that removed method and
> > those would need the update?
>
> Given we have per-project deps in rocky only those that *need* the
> exclusion will need to apply it.

Right. Now that we no longer sync dependencies, releases no longer
automatically trigger updates in the consuming projects. We could
exclude the bad version in the global list, but I don't think we
need to make that a prerequisite for anything else.

> I think it's fair to accept the U-c bump and block 0.11.0 in
> global-requirements.  Then any project that find they're broken next
> week can just add the exclusion themselves and move on.

Exactly. Our main concern should be about the potential breadth of
impact to our own CI systems, which we can mitigate with the constraints
list. In this case we know we have a version of something we manage
that broke several other things we manage. We should be able to go
ahead with the release and keep an eye on things in case we introduce
any new breakages.

Doug