[openstack-dev] [PTL][TC] Stein Cycle Goals

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Aug 13 18:00:45 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 04:50:40PM +0000, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> Since the upgrade checking has not been written yet, now would be a good time to unify them, so you upgrade check your openstack upgrade, not status check nova, status check neutron, status check glance, status check cinder ..... ad nauseam.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

That would be a good outcome of this. I think before we can have an overall
upgrade check, each service in use needs to have that mechanism in place to
perform their specific checks.

As long as the pattern is followed as $project-status check upgrade, then it
should be very feasible to write a higher level tool that iterates through all
services and runs the checks.