[openstack-dev] [nova] CI job running functional against a mysql DB

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Aug 13 15:57:00 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018, at 1:50 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:
> I was reviewing https://review.openstack.org/#/c/504885/ . The change
> looks good to me and I believe the test included exercises the root
> cause of the problem. However, I'd like to be certain that the test
> has been executed against MySQL rather than, eg, SQLite.
>
> Zuul has voted +1 on the change. Can anybody tell me if any of those
> jobs ran the included functional test against a MySQL DB?,

Both functional jobs configured a MySQL and PostgeSQL database for use by the test suite [0][1]. Looking at Nova's tests, the migration tests (nova/tests/functional/db/api/test_migrations.py and nova/tests/unit/db/test_migrations.py) use the oslo.db ModelsMigrationsSync class which should use these real databases. I'm not finding evidence that any other tests classes will use the real databases.

[0] http://logs.openstack.org/85/504885/9/check/nova-tox-functional/fa3327b/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-08-13_10_32_09_943951
[1] http://logs.openstack.org/85/504885/9/check/nova-tox-functional-py35/1f04657/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-08-13_10_31_00_289802

Hope this helps,
Clark