[openstack-dev] [nova][searchlight][designate][telemetry][mistral][blazar][watcher][masakari]Possible deprecation of Nova's legacy notification interface

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 9 16:44:38 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-09 11:41:38 +0200 (+0200), Balázs Gibizer wrote:
[...]
> There is a list of projects (we know of) consuming the legacy
> interface and we would like to know if any of these projects plan
> to switch over to the new interface in the foreseeable future so
> we can make a well informed decision about the deprecation.
>

> * Searchlight [3] - it is in maintenance mode so I guess the answer is no
[...]

With https://review.openstack.org/588644 looking likely to merge and
Searchlight already not slated for inclusion in Rocky, I recommend
not basing your decision on what it is or isn't using at this point.
If someone wants to resurrect it, updating things like the use of
the Nova notification interface seem like the bare minimum amount of
work they should commit to doing anyway.
--
Jeremy Stanley