[openstack-dev] [oslo] proposing Moisés Guimarães for oslo.config core

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Aug 8 13:18:44 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2018-08-01 09:27:09 -0400:
> Moisés Guimarães (moguimar) did quite a bit of work on oslo.config
> during the Rocky cycle to add driver support. Based on that work,
> and a discussion we have had since then about general cleanup needed
> in oslo.config, I think he would make a good addition to the
> oslo.config review team.
>
> Please indicate your approval or concerns with +1/-1.
>
> Doug

Normally I would have added moguimar to the oslo-config-core team
today, after a week's wait. Funny story, though. There is no
oslo-config-core team.

oslo.config is one of a few of our libraries that we never set up with a
separate review team. It is managed by oslo-core. We could set up a new
review team for that library, but after giving it some thought I
realized that *most* of the libraries are fairly stable, our team is
pretty small, and Moisés is a good guy so maybe we don't need to worry
about that.

I spoke with Moisés, and he agreed to be part of the larger core team.
He pointed out that the next phase of the driver work is going to happen
in castellan, so it would be useful to have another reviewer there. And
I'm sure we can trust him to be careful with reviews in other repos
until he learns his way around.

So, I would like to amend my original proposal and suggest that we add
Moisés to the oslo-core team.

Please indicate support with +1 or present any concerns you have. I
apologize for the confusion on my part.

Doug