[openstack-dev] OpenStack lagging behind 2 major python versions: we need a Python 3.7 gate

Andrey Kurilin andr.kurilin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 12:25:01 UTC 2018

Thanks Thomas for pointing to the issue, I checked it locally and here is
an update for openstack/rally (rally framework without in-tree OpenStack
plugins) project:

- added unittest job with py37 env
- fixed all issues
- released a new version (1.1.0)

As for the openstack/rally-openstack (rally plugins for OpenStack
platform), I'm planning to do the same this week.

пн, 6 авг. 2018 г. в 20:11, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org>:

> On 08/02/2018 10:43 AM, Andrey Kurilin wrote:
> >     There's also some "raise StopIteration" issues in:
> >     - ceilometer
> >     - cinder
> >     - designate
> >     - glance
> >     - glare
> >     - heat
> >     - karbor
> >     - manila
> >     - murano
> >     - networking-ovn
> >     - neutron-vpnaas
> >     - nova
> >     - rally
> >

> > Can you provide any traceback or steps to reproduce the issue for Rally
> > project ?
>
> I'm not sure there's any. The only thing I know is that it has stop
> StopIteration stuff, but I'm not sure if they are part of generators, in
> which case they should simply be replaced by "return" if you want it to
> be py 3.7 compatible.
>
> I didn't have time to investigate these, but at least Glance was
> affected, and a patch was sent (as well as an async patch). None of them
> has been merged yet:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/586050/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/586716/
>
> That'd be ok if at least there was some reviews. It looks like nobody
> cares but Debian & Ubuntu people... :(
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Best regards,