[openstack-dev] [kolla] Dropping core reviewer

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Aug 7 14:28:20 UTC 2018

Kollians,

Many of you that know me well know my feelings towards participating as a core reviewer in a project.  Folks with the ability to +2/+W gerrit changes can sometimes unintentionally harm a codebase if they are not consistently reviewing and maintaining codebase context.  I also believe in leading an exception-free life, and I'm no exception to my own rules.  As I am not reviewing Kolla actively given my OpenStack individually elected board of directors service and other responsibilities, I am dropping core reviewer ability for the Kolla repositories.

I want to take a moment to thank the thousands of people that have contributed and shaped Kolla into the modern deployment system for OpenStack that it is today.  I personally find Kolla to be my finest body of work as a leader.  Kolla would not have been possible without the involvement of the OpenStack global community working together to resolve the operational pain points of OpenStack.  Thank you for your contributions.

Finally, quoting Thierry [1] from our initial application to OpenStack, " ... Long live Kolla!"

Cheers!

-steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206789/