[openstack-dev] [nova] tempest-full-py3 rename means we now run that job on test-only changes

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Aug 6 07:32:18 UTC 2018

 ---- On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 06:44:26 +0900 Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > I've reported a nova bug for this:
 >
 > https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1785425
 >
 > But I'm not sure what is the best way to fix it now with the zuul v3
 > hotness. We had an irrelevant-files entry in project-config for the
 > tempest-full job but we don't have that for tempest-full-py3, so should
 > we just rename that in project-config (guessing not)? Or should we do
 > something in nova's .zuul.yaml like this (guessing yes):
 >
 > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578878/
 >
 > The former is easy and branchless but I'm guessing the latter is what we
 > should do long-term (and would require backports to stable branches).

Yeah, tempest-full-py3 does not have nova specific irreverent-file defined on project-config side.

Just for background, same issue was for other job also like tempest-full and grenade job where tempest-full used to run on doc/test only changes also [1]  which is fixed after making the 'files' and 'irrelevant-files' overridable in zuul [2].

IMO same solution can be done for tempest-full-py3 too, I pushed the patch for that [3]. For new job, i feel we should always plan to do it in nova's .zuul.yaml and old entry on project-config side can be move to nova side during job migration work.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1745405  https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1745431
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131304.html
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/589039/

-gmann