[openstack-dev] [nova] tempest-full-py3 rename means we now run that job on test-only changes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Aug 4 22:59:39 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Matt Riedemann's message of 2018-08-04 16:44:26 -0500:
> I've reported a nova bug for this:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1785425
>
> But I'm not sure what is the best way to fix it now with the zuul v3
> hotness. We had an irrelevant-files entry in project-config for the
> tempest-full job but we don't have that for tempest-full-py3, so should
> we just rename that in project-config (guessing not)? Or should we do
> something in nova's .zuul.yaml like this (guessing yes):
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578878/
>
> The former is easy and branchless but I'm guessing the latter is what we
> should do long-term (and would require backports to stable branches).

We don't want to rename the job, because we still want to run both
jobs for a time.

For what it's worth, as soon as Stein opens up I'm going to be
working with the rest of the goal champions to propose patches to
move the zuul settings for almost all jobs out of project-config
and into each project repo, including all of the stable branches.
If you add the settings to the config for nova in project-config
before we start that, those patches will include the new settings,
for the branches where the jobs run.

Doug