[openstack-dev] [nova] How to debug no valid host failures with placement

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Thu Aug 2 18:20:43 UTC 2018

> And we could do the same kind of approach with the non-granular request
> groups by reducing the single large SQL statement that is used for all
> resources and all traits (and all agg associations) into separate SELECT
> statements.
>
> It could be slightly less performance-optimized but more readable and
> easier to output debug logs like those above.

Okay, but first we should define the actual problem(s) we're trying to
solve, as Chris says, so we can assert that it's worth the (possible)
perf hit and (definite) dev resources, not to mention the potential for
injecting bugs.

That said, it might be worth doing what you suggest purely for the sake
of being able to read and understand the code...

efried