[openstack-dev] Paste unmaintained

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 14:11:25 UTC 2018

tl;dr: It seems Paste [1] may be entering unmaintained territory and we
may need to do something about it.

I was cleaning up some warning messages that nova was issuing this
morning and noticed a few coming from Paste. I was going to draft a PR
to fix this, but a quick browse through the Bitbucket project [2]
suggests there has been little to no activity on that for well over a
year. One particular open PR - "Python 3.7 support" - is particularly
concerning, given the recent mailing list threads on the matter.

Given that multiple projects are using this, we may want to think about
reaching out to the author and seeing if there's anything we can do to
at least keep this maintained going forward. I've talked to cdent about
this already but if anyone else has ideas, please let me know.

Stephen

[1] https://pypi.org/project/Paste/
[2] https://bitbucket.org/ianb/paste/
[3] https://bitbucket.org/ianb/paste/pull-requests/41