[openstack-dev] [Nova] z/VM introducing a new config driveformat

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Apr 30 16:42:40 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 09:21:22AM -0700, melanie witt wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 17:40:20 +0800, Chen Ch Ji wrote:
> > According to requirements and comments, now we opened the CI runs with
> > run_validation = True
> > And according to [1] below, for example, [2] need the ssh validation
> > passed the test
> >
> > And there are a couple of comments need some enhancement on the logs of
> > CI such as format and legacy incorrect links of logs etc
> > the newest logs sample can be found [3] (take n-cpu as example and those
> > logs are with _white.html)
> >
> > Also, the blueprint [4] requested by previous discussion post here again
> > for reference
>
> Thank you for alerting us about the completion of the work on the z/VM CI.
> The logs look much improved and ssh connectivity and metadata functionality
> via config drive is being verified by tempest.
>
> The only strange thing I noticed is it appears tempest starts multiple times
> in the log [0]. Do you know what's going on there?

This is normal, it's an artifact of a few things. The first time config is
dumped to the logs is because of tempest verify-config being run as part of
devstack:

https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/tempest#L590

You also see the API requests this command is making being logged. Then
when the tempest tests are actually being run the config is dumped to the logs
once per test worker process. Basically every time we parse the config file at
debug log levels it get's printed to the log file.

FWIW, you can also see this in a gate run too:
http://logs.openstack.org/90/539590/10/gate/tempest-full/4b0a136/controller/logs/tempest_log.txt

-Matt Treinish