[openstack-dev] [Zun][Kolla][Kolla-ansible] Verify Zun deployment in Kolla gate

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:06:27 UTC 2018

Thanks hongbin

In Kolla, one job is used to test multi OpenStack services. there are
already two test scenarios.

1. without ceph
2. with ceph

each scenario test a serial of OpenStack services. like nova, neutron,
cinder etc.
Zun or kuryr is not tested now.  But i think it is OK to add a new scenario
to test network related
service, like zun and kuryr.

for tempest testing, there is a WIP bp for this[0]

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible/+spec/tempest-gate

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Hongbin Lu <hongbin034 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kolla team,
>
> Recently, I saw there are users who tried to install Zun by using
> Kolla-ansible and reported bugs to us whenever they ran into issues (e.g.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible/+bug/1766151). The increase of
> this usage pattern (Kolla + Zun) made me think that we need to have CI
> coverage to verify the Zun deployment setup by Kolla.
>
> IMHO, the ideal CI workflow should be:
>
> * Create a VM with different distros (i.e. Ubuntu, CentOS).
> * Use Kolla-ansible to stand up a Zun deployment.
> * Run Zun's tempest test suit [1] against the deployment.
>
> My question for Kolla team is if it is reasonable to setup a Zuul job as
> described above? or such CI jobs already exist? If not, how to create one?
>
> [1] https://github.com/openstack/zun-tempest-plugin
>
> Best regards,
> Hongbin

Regards,