[openstack-dev] Is there any way to recheck only one job?

Jens Harbott j.harbott at x-ion.de
Mon Apr 30 08:41:09 UTC 2018

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is any way to recheck only one type of job instead of rechecking everything.
> For example sometimes I have to debug some random failure in specific job type, like „neutron-fullstack” and I want to collect some additional data or test something. So in such case I push some „Do not merge” patch and waits for job result - but I really don’t care about e.g. pep8 or UT results so would be good is I could run (recheck) only job which I want. That could safe some resources for other jobs and speed up my tests a little as I could be able to recheck only my job faster :)
>
> Is there any way that I can do it with gerrit and zuul currently? Or maybe it could be consider as a new feature to add? What do You think about it?

This is intentionally not implemented as it could be used to trick
patches leading to unstable behaviour into passing too easily, hiding
possible issues.

As an alternative, you could include a change to .zuul.yaml into your
test patch, removing all jobs except the one you are interested in.
This would still run the jobs defined in project-config, but may be
good enough for your scenario.