[openstack-dev] [Zun][Kolla][Kolla-ansible] Verify Zun deployment in Kolla gate

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:14:02 UTC 2018

Hi Kolla team,

Recently, I saw there are users who tried to install Zun by using
Kolla-ansible and reported bugs to us whenever they ran into issues (e.g.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible/+bug/1766151). The increase of
this usage pattern (Kolla + Zun) made me think that we need to have CI
coverage to verify the Zun deployment setup by Kolla.

IMHO, the ideal CI workflow should be:

* Create a VM with different distros (i.e. Ubuntu, CentOS).
* Use Kolla-ansible to stand up a Zun deployment.
* Run Zun's tempest test suit [1] against the deployment.

My question for Kolla team is if it is reasonable to setup a Zuul job as
described above? or such CI jobs already exist? If not, how to create one?

[1] https://github.com/openstack/zun-tempest-plugin

Best regards,
Hongbin