[openstack-dev] [all] Recent failures to use ARA or generate reports in the gate

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 15:41:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was made aware today that new installations of ARA were not working
or failing to generate reports in a variety of gate jobs with a stack
trace that ends with:
AttributeError: 'Blueprint' object has no attribute 'json_encoder'

The root cause was identified to be a new release of Flask, 0.12.3,
which shipped broken packages to PyPi [1].
This should be fixed momentarily once upstream ships a fixed 0.12.4 package.

In the meantime, we're going to merge a requirements.txt update to
blacklist 0.12.3 but it won't be effective until we cut a new release
of ARA which we hope to be able to do sometime next week.

I'll take the opportunity to remind users of ARA that we're
transitioning away from statically generated reports [3] and you
should do that too if you haven't already.

[1]: https://github.com/pallets/flask/issues/2728
[2]: https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/a5537a6f4b9cc477067949e1f9136415ac216f21/upper-constraints.txt#
L480
[3]: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128902.html

David Moreau Simard
Senior Software Engineer | OpenStack RDO

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]