[openstack-dev] Summit Forum Schedule

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:41:23 UTC 2018

On 4/25/2018 4:07 PM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> Please have a look at the Vancouver Forum schedule:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hkU0FLJ7yqougCiCQgprwTy867CGnmUvAvKaBjlDAo/edit?usp=sharing
> (also attached as a CSV) The proposed schedule was put together by two
> members from UC, TC and Foundation.
>
> We do our best to avoid moving scheduled items around as it tends to
> create a domino affect, but we do realize we might have missed
> something.  The schedule should generally be set, but if you see a major
> conflict in either content or speaker availability, please email
> speakersupport at openstack.org.

Two questions:

1. What does the yellow on the pre-emptible instances cell mean?

2. Just from looking at this, it looks like there were far fewer
submissions for forum topics than actual slots available, so basically
everything was approved (unless it was an obvious duplicate or not
appropriate for a forum session), is that right?

In the past when I've wondered if topic x should be a forum session or
if I shouldn't bother, I was told to load up the proposals because
chances were there would be more slots than proposals, and that seems to
still be true.

On the one hand, less content to choose from is refreshing so you don't
have to worry about picking between as many sessions that you're
interested in. But I also wonder how many people held back on proposing
something for fear of rejection or that they'd be taking a slot for
something with a higher priority. I'm not sure if there is a problem
here, or a solution needed, or if it would be useful for the people that
pick the sessions to give a heads up before the deadline that there are
still a lot of slots open.

Matt