[openstack-dev] [all][tc] final stages of python 3 transition

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 25 22:43:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-25 18:25:24 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> Does 18.04 include a python 2 option?

Yes, 2.7.15 if packages.ubuntu.com is to be believed.

> What is the target for completing the changeover? The first or
> second milestone for Stein, or the end of the cycle?

I would expect us to want to pull the trigger after whatever grace
period the cycle-trailing projects are comfortable with (but
certainly before the first milestone I would think?).

> It would be useful to have some input from the project teams who
> have no unit or functional test jobs running for 3.5, since they
> will have the most work to do to cope with the upgrade overall.

Yes, it would in my opinion anyway.

> Who is coordinating Ubuntu upgrade work and setting up the
> experimental jobs?

We have preliminary ubuntu-bionic images available already
(officially it doesn't release until tomorrow), and some teams have
started to use them for experimental or non-voting jobs:

    http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=ubuntu-bionic

--
Jeremy Stanley