[openstack-dev] [api] [lbaas] Neutron LBaaS V2 docs incompatibility

Artem Goncharov artem.goncharov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:51:55 UTC 2018

Hi all,

after working with OpenStackSDK in my cloud I have found one difference in
the Neutron LBaaS (yes, I know it is deprecated, but it is still used). The
fix would be small and fast, unfortunately I have faced problems with the
API description:
- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/LBaaS/API_2.0#Pools describes,
that the LB pool has *healthmonitor_id* attribute (what eventually also
fits reality of my cloud)
- https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/index.html#pools
<https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/index.html#pools>(which
is referred to from the previous link in the deprecation note) describes,
that the LB pool has *healthmonitors* (and *healthmonitors_status*) as list
of IDs. Basically in this regards it is same as
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/LBaaS/API_1.0#Pool description
- unfortunately even
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lib/blob/master/api-ref/source/v2/lbaas-v2.inc
describes
*Pool.healthmonitors* (however it also contains
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lib/blob/master/api-ref/source/v2/samples/lbaas/pools-list-response2.json
sample
with the *Pool.healthmonitor_id*)
- OpenStackSDK contains *network.pool.health_monitors* (with underscore)

I want to bring this all in an order and enable managing of the
loadbalancer through OSC for my OpenStack cloud, but I can't figure out
what is the correct behavior here.

Can anybody, please, help in figuring out the truth here?

Thanks,
Artem