[openstack-dev] [tc] campaign question related to new projects

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Apr 24 09:55:03 UTC 2018

Zane Bitter wrote:
> [...]
> I would love to see us have a conversation as a community to figure out
> what we all, collectively, think that list should look like and document
> it. Ideally new projects shouldn't have to wait until they've applied to
> join OpenStack to get a sense of whether we believe they're furthering
> our mission or not.

I agree that we are not really (collectively) taking a step back and
looking at the big picture. Forcing myself to work on a map over the
past year really helped me reframe how I perceive OpenStack, and I think
we should do that sort of exercise more often.

What do you think should be the right forum for continuing that
discussion? Is that something you think we should discuss at the
Forum[tm] ? Or more as an asynchronous discussion at the TC level ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)