[openstack-dev] [tc] campaign question: How "active" should the TC be?

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Apr 23 21:56:28 UTC 2018

> If you think the TC should tend to be more active in driving change
> than it is today, please describe the changes (policy, culture,
> etc.) you think would need to be made to do that effectively (not
> which policies you want us to be more active on, but *how* to
> organize the TC to be more active and have that work within the
> community culture).

I'm going to skip over some of the other questions in this one for now, but I
wanted to chime in on this one.

I think Howard had an excellent idea of the TC coming up with themes for each
cycle. I think that could be used to create a good cadence or focus to make
sure we are making progress in key areas.

It struck me that we came up with the long term vision, but there really isn't
too much attention paid to it. At least not in a regular way that keeps some of
these goals in mind.

We could use the idea of cycle themes to make sure we are targetting key areas
of that long term vision to help us move towards bringing that vision to
reality.