[openstack-dev] [searchlight][release] Searchlight deliverable type

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Apr 23 14:16:03 UTC 2018

Hello searchlighters,

The Rocky 1 milestone was last Thursday, and there has been no release request
was submitted for the searchlight deliverables [1].

I remember some discussion at the last Denver PTG about searchlight and that it
is basically considered "code complete" at this point until any new
requirements come up for it. Is this still (or ever) an accurate assessment of
the current project state?

If so, I am wondering if this project's deliverables should be switched from
being a cycle-based deliverable to being considered an independent deliverable.
This allows the project to release at any point as needed, and does not require
adherance to the milestone within cycle model that it is currently set up to
follow.

I would like to hear from the team to get a better understanding of where this
project is and how to best support its release needs.

Thanks,
Sean